Great River Health Systems’ Summit Focuses on Health-care Reform and the Workplace
April 5, 2013 –
Next month, Great River Health Systems will present a health-care summit about health-care reform and the workplace. The half-day summit is scheduled Thursday, May 16, at the Pzazz! Convention and Event Center, 3001 Winegard Dr., Burlington, Iowa. Attendees may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session.
The purpose of the summit is to explain the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and explore how the act and other health-care reform initiatives affect businesses and their employees. The summit is geared for small- and medium-sized businesses. Key decision makers at these businesses who would find the summit beneficial include:
· Business owners
· Company presidents and CEOs
· Employee benefits and health coordinators
· Human resources professionals
The summit’s keynote speaker is Steve Flood, Senior Vice President and Shareholder at Holmes Murphy and Associates. Flood will provide a summary of health-care reform’s impact on businesses, and how to use programs to improve employee health and reduce employer costs.
Other speakers and their topics are:
- Michael AbouAssaly, M.D., board-certified family practice physician, Burlington Area Family Practice Center – Disease Prevention Recommendations
- Denise Baker, Ph.D., Director of Organizational Development, Winegard Company –
Case Study: Creating a Healthful Workplace
- Michael Bousselot, Policy Adviser, Office of the Governor for the State of Iowa – The State Government’s View of Health Care in Iowa
Both sessions will close with question-and-answer roundtables with the speakers and administrative representatives from Great River Health Systems.
A vendor display also will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Vendors include:
- Great River Diabetes Education
- Great River Diagnostic Imaging (cardiac CT scoring scan)
- Great River Health Fitness
- Great River Healthy Living Clinic
- Great River Sleep Disorders Center
The Health-care Summit cost, which includes a healthful lunch from the Edgewater Grille, is $75 per person by Friday, May 10, and $100 after. Same-day registration is accepted.
Those interested in registering may do so at https://secure.getmeregistered.com/GreatRiverHealthSummit. For more information, visit Great River Health Systems’ website at www.greatrivermedical.org/events, or contact Melissa Jones, Great River Business Development, at 319-768-3489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.