Children’s Activities Planned during EMS Open House Sunday, May 20
May 14, 2007 – Children and their parents are encouraged to learn about safety and local emergency medical services (EMS) from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 20. The Des Moines County EMS Fair will be in the Great River Center for Rehabilitation parking lot, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington.
Door prizes for children include an Ipod® Shuffle and gift cards. Refreshments will be available.
Activities will include:
• Ambulance tours
• Med-Force emergency transport helicopter
• Practice making 9-1-1 emergency calls and talking to a dispatcher
• Severe weather house – a scale-model house the simulates tornado-force winds
Emergency Medical Services Week, May 20 to 26, brings together local communities and medical personnel to publicize safety and honor the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine’s front line.
EMS fair participants include:
• Burlington Fire Department and Ambulance
• Danville First Responders
• IAAAP Ambulance
• Mediapolis Ambulance
• Southeastern Community College EMS Club
• Superior Ambulance Service
• West Burlington First Responders
• Yarmouth First Responders
In case of rain, activities will be inside the Superior Ambulance Service/Med-Force building next to the Center for Rehabilitation parking lot.