Great River Health Systems to Disburse Community Endowment Funds
May 17, 2004 – This month, 20 area organizations will be presented with disbursement checks from Great River Health Systems’ Community Endowment Foundation. The amount provided by Great River Health Systems to these organizations totals $77,071.
The disbursement checks will be presented at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, May 27, in the Oak/Walnut conference rooms at Great River Medical Center, 1221 S. Gear Ave., West Burlington, Iowa. Representatives from each organization will accept the donations, and the public is welcome.
The Community Endowment Foundation was established in 1999 to help foster the development of health-care services that may otherwise not be available to the community. The foundation was funded by a $1 million grant from the Great River Health Systems Foundation.
Great River Health Systems received funding requests for 45 projects. The Community Endowment Foundation Board of Directors reviewed all applications and selected this year’s recipients based on community need and relevance to the foundation’s health-care and health-improvement mission.
Organizations receiving funding support from the Community Endowment Foundation are:
• Burlington Area Homeless Shelter
• Burlington High School’s Students Against Destructive Decisions Chapter
• Community Action Program, Medication Assistance Program
• Danville Fire Department
• Friends of Community Field
• Girl Scouts of Shining Trail Council Inc.
• GRADE A PLUS
• Hope Haven Development Center Corporation
• Iowa Wesleyan College
• Mediapolis Community School
• Morning Sun Community Ambulance Service Inc.
• Nauvoo Fire Department
• New London Community School District
• Notre Dame Schools
• Southeast Iowa Alliance for Critical Stress
• Southeast Iowa Safe Kids Coalition
• St. John’s Conference of St. Vincent DePaul
• Touchstone Behavioral Counseling
• Young House Family Services
• YWCA, Domestic Violence Program
For more information about the Community Endowment Foundation, please contact Mark Richardson, president and CEO, Great River Health Systems, 1221 South Gear Avenue, West Burlington, Iowa 52655; (319) 768-3250.