Great River Friends awards scholarships
June 11, 2014 –
Great River Friends has awarded scholarships to 10 area students who are pursing health care careers. The $1,000 awards were given in three categories.
Scholarships for high school seniors were awarded to:
- Jenna Edwards, Mediapolis, Mediapolis High School, athletic training, University of Iowa
- Breanna Kramer, Donnellson, Central Lee High School, pre-medicine, University of Iowa
- Stephen Kruse, Burlington, Burlington Community High School, pre-medicine, Emory University
- Jordan Stevens, Burlington, Burlington Community High School, physical therapy, University of Iowa
Continuing-college scholarship winners were:
- Carmen Ertz, Mediapolis, physical therapy, University of Iowa
- Kody Massner, Burlington, pre-medicine, Loras College
- Abbey Mulford, Mount Pleasant, pharmacy, University of Iowa
The recipients of Great River Friends’ Southeastern Community College scholarships were:
- Teri Dunshee, Mediapolis, Iowa, nursing
- Alicia Tripp, Revere, Mo., respiratory care
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports Great River Health Systems with the gifts of time, talent and treasure. For more information, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer Services at 319-768-3340.