Great River Health Systems Accepting Community Endowment Applications
March 12, 2003 – Great River Health Systems is accepting applications for funding from its Community Endowment Foundation. The foundation was established in 1999 to help foster the development of health-care services that may otherwise not be available to the community. The foundation was funded by a $1 million grant from the Great River Health Systems Foundation. Since its inception, the Community Endowment Foundation has awarded 37 gifts totalling nearly $180,000.
Applications for funding must meet the following criteria:
- All projects must be related to the provision of health-care services or result in health improvement in the community.
- Funding will be provided only to not-for-profit organizations serving the Great River Health Systems service area (no more than 40 miles from Burlington).
- Applications in any given year cannot exceed $10,000.
- Funding will be reviewed and awarded annually. Organizations may apply for funding for the same project up to three consecutive years.
- If project funding is awarded, each organization will be required to provide follow-up information when the project is implemented or completed.
Completed applications must be received no later than April 1, 2003. Grant recipients will be notified before June 1, 2003. To receive a Community Endowment Foundation application or for more information, please contact Mark Richardson, president and CEO, Great River Health Systems, 1221 S. Gear Avenue, West Burlington, Iowa 52655; (319) 768-3250.