Great River Clinics Welcomes New Surgeon
July 19, 2011 –
James Harley, D.O., recently began seeing patients at Great River Surgeons. Dr. Harley joins general surgeons Michael Niehaus, M.D., and John Phillips, M.D., in providing comprehensive surgical services – both open operations and minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Harley received his medical degree from Des Moines University and completed his residency at Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines. Dr. Harley also completed a fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics with a focus on critical-care surgery.
A service of Great River Clinics, Great River Surgeons’ physicians help improve the health of patients through operations on internal organs, the skin and blood vessels. Surgical services include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurism repair
- Breast surgery, including stereotactic biopsies
- Circulatory surgery (carotid, lower-extremity artery and venous problems)
- Colonoscopies and other endoscopic procedures, including bronchoscopy
- Dialysis-access surgery, including percutaneous intervention
- Endocrine surgery (thyroid and adrenal)
- Endovenous laser therapy for varicose veins
- Gall-bladder surgery
- Gastrointestinal procedures, including advanced laparoscopy
- Hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic)
- Lung surgery
- Minimally invasive stent grafts for abdominal aneurysms
- Peripheral angiography and angioplasty
For more information or to make an appointment, call Great River Surgeons at 319-768-4350.