Great River Friends Holds Membership Drive
January 14, 2011 –
Great River Friends’ annual membership drive is under way. Members are dedicated to supporting Great River Health Systems and the patients and families it serves through their gifts of time, talent and treasure.
Great River Friends is offering a life membership special through Tuesday, March 15. Two members of the same household may become life members for $175, a $25 savings. Great River Friends welcomes any level of contribution for membership.
In 2010, Great River Friends presented the health system with a gift of more than $43,556, which was raised through fundraising, the membership drive and Gift Shop proceeds. It also funded various programs throughout the year, including $10,000 in scholarships to area students pursuing health-care careers.
In the past, Great River Friends has funded these past projects:
- Art for patient rooms
- Gliders for patient bays in Day Surgery
- Portable X-ray machine at Great River Hospice House
- Retail computer system for Great River Gift Shop
- Shuttle for transporting patients and their families to and from the parking lots
- Televisions and DVD players for patient use
- Walkway around the lake on health systems’ campus
For more information, please call Great River Friend Membership Chairwoman Connee Stevens, (319) 752-4490, or Great River Medical Center’s Volunteer Services Department at (319) 768-3340.