Great River Mental Health Offers Anger-Management Classes
September 24, 2010 –
Great River Mental Health will offer a seven-week anger-management course from 3 to 5 p.m., beginning Wednesday, Oct. 6 through Wednesday, Nov. 17, at Great River Mental Health, Suite 251, Mercy Plaza, 1225 S. Gear Ave., West Burlington, Iowa.
The course will help participants manage anger when in difficult situations and learn what techniques can be used to disengage before anger is elevated. Classes will include:
- Conflict resolution
- Group discussion
- Self insight and reflection
Great River Mental Health therapists Holly Conlee, M.S., Ed., NCC, and Tana Fourdyce, L.M.S.W., will lead the classes.
The cost of the course is $150. Class size is limited. For more information or to register, call (319) 768-3700.
Great River Mental Health offers evaluation and treatment of the biological and psychosocial facets of psychiatric and psychological disorders. Services include:
- Anger management
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Family counseling
- Individual and group therapy
- Problem-solving and solution-focused techniques
- Psychotic, affective personality and anxiety disorders therapy
- Rational-emotive behavior therapy
- Women’s empowerment counseling