Orthopedic Surgery Group Joins Great River Health Systems
February 27, 2009 –
Beginning Monday, March 2, Jameson Orthopedic Clinic will join Great River Health Systems and be renamed Great River Orthopedic Specialists.
The clinic's medical staff includes:
- Theron Jameson, D.O. - Dr. Jameson is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who has practiced orthopedics in southeast Iowa since 1998. He received his medical degree from Des Moines University, and he completed his residency training at Garden City Osteopathic Hospital/Michigan State University Consortium Program. Dr. Jameson performs more than 1,000 surgical cases annually, including more than 250 total joint replacements.
- Jerry Jochims, M.D. - Dr. Jochims was the first orthopedic surgeon to begin practicing in southeast Iowa nearly 35 years ago. He received his medical degree from the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, where he also completed his orthopedic surgery residency. Dr. Jochims has been board certified in orthopedic surgery since 1976, and sees patients in the office as a nonoperative orthopedic specialist.
Great River Orthopedic Specialists provides a comprehensive range of orthopedic surgical services, including:
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder
- Carpal and cubital tunnel release procedures
- Minimally invasive total joint replacement of the hip and knee
- Sports medicine
- Total joint replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow
- Workers' compensation
Great River Orthopedic Specialists' offices will remain in Suite 159 in the Mercy Plaza, 1225 S. Gear Ave., West Burlington, Iowa (next to Great River Medical Center). On March 2, the practice's local telephone number will change to (319) 768-4970; their toll-free number will remain (877) 752-4555. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. New appointments are being accepted.