Great River Friends Holds Membership Drive
February 12, 2009 – Great River Friends’ annual membership drive is under way. Members are dedicated to supporting Great River Health Systems and the patients it serves through their gifts of time, talent and treasure.
In 2008, Great River Friends presented the health system with a gift of more than $20,000, which was raised through fundraising, the membership drive and Gift Shop proceeds. It also funded various programs throughout the year, including $10,000 in scholarships to area students pursuing health-care careers.
In the past, Great River Friends has funded these past projects:
• Art for patient rooms
• Gliders for patient bays in Day Surgery
• Poinsettias for patients in the hospital on Christmas Day
• Portable X-ray machine at Great River Hospice House
• Retail computer system for Great River Gift Shop
• Shuttle for transporting patients and their families to and from the parking lots
• Walkway around the lake on health systems’ campus
• Yarn for newborn caps and booties
Great River Friends welcomes any level of contribution. Adults and youth must complete an application and attend an orientation to volunteer. For more information, please call Great River Medical Center’s Volunteer Services Department at (319) 768-3340.