Great River Medical Center Auxiliary Announces Scholarship Recipients
May 29, 2001 – The Great River Medical Center Auxiliary has awarded scholarships to seven area students who are pursuing college degrees in health-related fields. The scholarship recipients were selected from more than 40 applicants.
The 2001-2002 school-year recipients are:
Continuing education ($1,000)
• Sarah Kerr, Burlington; pharmacy, University of Iowa
Continuing education ($500)
• Travis Eastin, West Burlington; medicine, University of Iowa
• Julie Jordan, West Burlington; physical therapy, Des Moines University – Osteopathic Medical Center
High-school graduates ($500)
• Ryan Coppes, Danville; pre-medicine, Coe College, Cedar Rapids
• Kelly Lescher, Ft. Madison; microbiology, University of Iowa
• Scott Tharp, Burlington; pre-dentistry, University of Iowa
• Rachel Wenke, Ft. Madison; biology (pre-medicine), University of Iowa
Each year, the Great River Medical Center Auxiliary accepts and reviews scholarship applications for students who wish to pursue health-care careers. Scholarship applications for high-school seniors are available in the counseling offices at area high schools. Other applications are available at Southeastern Community College and Great River Medical Center's Volunteer Office. For more information, please call (319) 768-3340.