Surgeons Inc. Joins Great River Health Systems and Adds a Physician
August 17, 2007 – Beginning Monday, Aug. 20, Surgeons Inc. will join Great River Health Systems and be renamed Great River Surgeons. In addition, Ingrid Lizarraga, M.D., has joined the practice and will begin seeing patients on this date.
Dr. Lizarraga received her medical degree from the University of the West Indies, and recently completed her residency in general surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She is board-eligible with the American Board of Surgery.
Besides Dr. Lizarraga, Great River Surgeons’ medical staff includes:
• Michael Niehaus, M.D. – Dr. Niehaus joined Surgeons Inc. in 1987. He received his medical degree from the University of Iowa and completed his residency at Iowa Methodist Hospital. Dr. Niehaus is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
• John Phillips, M.D. – Dr. Phillips has practiced medicine in the Burlington area since 1978. He received his medical degree from the University of Illinois and completed his residency at Loyola-Hines Medical Center. Dr. Phillips is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
• William Vincent, M.D. – Dr. Vincent joined Surgeons Inc. in 1986. He received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota and completed his residency at Iowa Methodist Hospital. Dr. Vincent is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Great River Surgeons provides a comprehensive range of surgical services, including:
• Breast surgery including stereotactic biopsies
• Colonoscopies and other endoscopic procedures including bronchoscopy
• Dialysis-access surgery, including percutaneous intervention
• Endocrine surgery (thyroid and adrenal)
• Gall bladder surgery
• Gastrointestinal procedures, including advanced laparoscopy
• Lung surgery
• Minimally invasive stent grafts for abdominal aneurysms
• Circulatory surgery (carotid, lower-extremity artery and venous problems)
• Peripheral angiography and angioplasty
• Hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic)
Great River Surgeons’ offices will remain in Suite 202 in the Eastman Plaza, 1223 S. Gear Ave., West Burlington, Iowa (next to Great River Medical Center). The practice’s telephone number has changed to (319) 768-4350. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. New appointments are now being accepted.